The talk will look at a business from its inception to its end and in particular the tax considerations which need to be examined at each stage. In particular Jeremy will look at features such as:-
- To incorporate or not to incorporate –taking in to account recent changes
- Raising finance – SEIS and EIS
- Taking on staff –the initial issues including auto-enrolment
- Extracting wealth from the business – how will the dividend tax changes affect companies
- How smaller companies can use share schemes
- Entrepreneurs’ relief –what are the uses and its limitations
- Exiting the business – CGT and IHT considerations
Jeremy was a senior manager at Deloitte before moving in-house to work at AMP and then Henderson Global Investors. He has lectured for a number of years on different tax topics and is part of the Worshipful Company of Tax Advisors’ advisory committee to the Lord Mayor. He is a CTA and also has a qualification with the CIPD.
Jeremy is now an independent practitioner dealing with share schemes as well as tax investigations.