This seminar looks at the Employment Law and taxation consequences of the various events in the life-cycle of employment. Often, taxation and employment law are looked at in isolation but they create different pressures. This course takes a holistic view of employment and goes through both the opportunities and pitfalls of taking on employees in 2014.
The course covers:
- employment versus self-employment
- recruiting an employee
- contracts and setting terms and conditions
- expenses policies
- PAYE settlement agreements
- secondment versus change of employment
- taking on someone from abroad
- sending an employee overseas
- immigration and work permit issues
- taxation and national insurance
- commuter assignments
- detached duty relief
Participants in the course will have a good overview of the tax and employment law issues. In particular, the areas where current employment law practice and tax efficiency may come into conflict. With companies hiring substantial numbers of staff again, this course is a timely reminder of the issues that an employer may face.
Jeremy Mindell is one of the few individuals in the UK has both the CTA qualification as well as the CIPD which makes him able to bring together the issues of employment law and taxation.