Employment taxes- through the life-cycle of the employment. Refresher and update.
To provide participants with an all-round knowledge of the various aspects of employment taxation. The course will look at the challenges at each stage of employment from before hiring the employee to the end of the employment.
The course will also deal with the relationship with HMRC and how this can be managed to reduce risks to the company.
Finally, the course will look at opportunities which are still available to mitigate tax and national insurance.
Participants should at the end of the course be able to identify potential challenges which arise in employment taxation and know where to seek the necessary information to resolve the issue.
Outline of the course
The course will include the following topics:
- the taxation of benefits in kind
- how relocation expenses are treated
- different ways to account for the tax and their cost implications
- reducing the compliance costs of PSA and PllD
- travel and subsistence – an explanation of the current rules for claiming such expenses
- temporary versus permanent workplaces
- entertainment-distinguishing between business and staff entertainment and minimising the tax cost
- how to conduct relationships with HMRC
- risk ratings and how they can help you
- how to deal with routine HMRC enquiries
- preparing for an HMRC audit
- the treatment of benefits post- termination