This course is suitable for anyone who is required to advise clients on the obligations of pension auto-enrolment.
Pension auto-enrolment is being introduced in stages. The largest companies have already adopted it. Auto enrolment is now in the final stages which will effect smaller companies. The challenges for small and medium sized companies are in many ways bigger than for the larger companies. This is because there are fewer economies of scale which make this market less attractive to providers. This course will advise you of the legal requirements regarding auto-enrolment.
- The staging date when auto-enrolment becomes compulsory
- Consideration as to whether an existing pension scheme needs to be modified to comply with auto-enrolment regulations
- Who needs to be invited into the scheme
- Who may wish to opt out – in particular higher earners
- How to plan for auto-enrolment
- How to engage pension providers
- The communication process—how to get employees to appreciate the benefit
The course will also go through how the communication will change with the abolition of compulsory annuities.
Finally there will be a discussion of where this process is likely to lead and how your advice can be tailored for the long term benefit for your clients.