The surprise changes in the July Budget to dividend taxation are due to come into effect on the 6th April 2016. In the rest of the 2015/16 tax year many Owner Managed Businesses will be considering whether to change their dividend policy and how much should be paid this year and how much next year.
This seminar gives a timely reminder about the dos and don’ts of dividends:
- How to calculate the maximum amount of legal dividend that is payable
- The process for paying a dividend; both interim and final
- The paperwork required to pay a dividend
- The most tax efficient pattern of payments before and after 5th April 2016
- The different interests of family shareholders
- Remuneration planning in the new dividend regime
- The use of ISAs
- Maximising the dividend allowance
- Salary vs dividend in the new era
In the run up to 5th April 2016, HMRC are likely be particularly interested in checking whether the dividend arrangements made as part of a tax planning process have been done correctly.
This course reminds advisors of the compliance obligations but also the opportunities for tax planning before and after the dividend changes.